Monday, March 7, 2011

Haiti Touched Me Deeply


I did not think that when I got back to my home in the country I would miss Haiti. Somehow the experience touched me more than I ever thought it would. At the risk of being repetative I need to say how I had serious misconceptions about the people of Haiti. I thought that they would be beat down from years of oppression, poverty and then the earthquake. But they have not given up in the least. I really don't know if I would show that kind of courage in the face of the trials that they have been given. I saw a number of tap taps with verses on them, most of them familiar like Romans 8:31 or John 3:16 but I then saw one with Daniel 3:16. Jon and I looked up the verse and following is how it reads in the King James version. Here are verses 16 thru 18:

Shadrach, Meshack, and Abednego answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

God bless the people of Haiti.


No comments:

Post a Comment