Monday, March 7, 2011

Home Again - What a Difference

I drink water that comes from a faucet, anytime I want.
I brushed my teeth with faucet water.
I put toilet paper in the toilet.
I flush the toilet after every use.
The water in my shower was hot.
No roosters sang outside my window, not even once in the past two nights.
There were traffic lights at all the major intersections.
When the road said "two lanes", the traffic was only two-lanes wide.
I have been home for over 36 hours, and have not heard a car horn.
There's not a Digicell advertisement in sight.

1 comment:

  1. and ~

    there is no rubble in sight,except on camera.
    no trash lining the roadways.
    no dead trees left standing.

    there is songs of cardinals and other birds.
    people walking their robust,tail wagging dogs.
    the endless choices of food,entertainment,etc.
    perfectly landscaped lawns with mail just outside the doorways.

    My heart is forever changed because of each person on this team and the people of Haiti.

    Kathy F

    ReplyDelete